Media Player is a default Media player on windows. You can play video and audio on this media player. Many features are available in this application. Sometimes some errors showing in this application. At that time, you can face some issues on that application. I will show you how to fix media player won’t play problem on windows. Follow my methods and steps without skipping them.
Nowadays many people are using media players on windows. If you face these bug problem on your media player, you can’t play any videos or music on your windows. Just apply the following methods to fix the media player won’t play problem on windows.
1. Troubleshoot Method
In windows default, the media player is the best application for movie and music playing. I will show you how to fix the media player won’t play problem on windows. Just follow my steps. This method work for me. Using this method, I fix this problem on my windows. So try this.
- First press the Windows Key + R button on your keyboard. Now it will open the Run application.
- Then type control panel on the search box. Now the Control Panel will appear on your screen.
- Next on the right side, you need to click the View By option and select the Large Icons option.
- Now many options are showing. You need to click the Troubleshooting option.
- On the left side, you can see the View All and click the option.
- Now scroll down and find the Windows Media Player Library and select the option.
- Now the Windows Media Player Library folder will be opened and click the Next option.
- Next select the Apply this fix option. Now your problem will be fixed.
2. Enable the Media Player
If the above method is don’t work, you can follow this method to solve this problem. If you do this method on your windows, maybe your problem will be solved. I will show you how to enable the media features on your windows. After doing this method, you need to restart your PC.
- First press the Windows Key + R button on your keyboard. It will open the Run application.
- Now type control panel on the search box. Then the Control Panel will appear on your screen.
- Next select the Programs & Features option. Now you installed programs are shown in that tab.
- Now find the Turn Windows Features On or Off option on the left side and click the option.
- Then scroll down and find the Media Features option and then click the + symbol.
- Now checkmark the Windows Media Player option and click the OK option.
3. Disable the Startup
If you do the above method, reboot your windows and check the problem. If the problem is doesn’t work, try this method to solve the problem. I will show you how to disable startup option in windows.
- Go to the Start Menu and search Service option and click that option.
- Now scroll down and find the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service option and double click that option.
- Next the new tab will be open on your screen. Now you see the Startup option and select that.
- Now select the Disable option and click Apply option.