Windows 10 is the best operating system for PC. There are many features are available on Windows 10. This is the best secure OS for PC. Sometimes Microsoft releases updates for some new features and fixes bugs. At that time, you need to update your windows. In recent times when updating your windows version, you will face a 0x80242016 failed to install error on your PC.
You can easily fix this problem on your PC. This error is a very common thing for windows PC users. Personally, when I face this error on PC, I do some methods on my PC. I will show you those methods in this article. Follow my method and steps without skipping. I will show you how to fix this 0x80242016 failed to install error on PC.
1. Troubleshooter Method
After doing this method, just restart your PC and check the error. Maybe the error will be fixed. You need to update your PC with the help of Rus as a Troubleshooter option. I will show you how to update the PC with Rus as a Troubleshooter. Follow my steps.
- First, open the Start Menu option and click the Settings option.
- Now click the Update & security option and click the Troubleshoot option on the left side.
- Then click the Additional Troubleshooter option.
- Next, select the Windows Updates and click the Run as Troubleshooter option.
2. Command Prompt Method
In this method, you need to type some commands on the commands prompt application. I will show you how to solve this error with the help of the command prompt application. Just follow the steps without skipping. After doing this method, just restart your PC and check the error. It will be solved.
- First, open the Start Menu option and type Command Prompt on the search bar.
- Next right click on the application and click the Rus as Administrator option.
- Now you see the command prompt application on your window.
- Then type the following commands on that application. You need to click Enter on every single command you type.
- After doing this, just check your problem. I hope this method is worked.
3. Change Start-Up
You can easily fix this problem using this method. In this method, you need to change the start-up type Automatic on the service option. If you do this method, you can easily update your PC. I will show you how to change the startup type. After doing this method, restart the PC and check the error.
- First, open the Start Menu option and type Services on the search bar option.
- Next right click on the application and click the Run as Administrator option.
- Now find the Windows Update option on the list and Double Click on that option.
- After that, the Windows Update Properties tab will be opened.
- On the tab, you see the start-up option and select the Automatic option. Then click the Apply option.
- Now restart your PC and check your problem. I hope now your problem is fixed.